Originally a tenement house built in 1901 by the Olomouc architect Václav Wittner. The neo-baroque facade of the building is decorated with numerous decorations, giving the building an almost unmistakable character. At the time Wittner designed the building, however, it was common for architects to create very similar, even identical buildings that differed only in the decoration of the façade. Thus, the hotel building has a twin in Olomouc, located near the Theresian Hotel.
The current appearance of the hotel building is based on a project from 2013, when the appropriate permits were issued and an extensive reconstruction of the interior and exterior of the building began. The hotel opened in 2017.
The name of the hotel is derived from the Theresian Gate located at the hotel building.